About me...

My photo
A mother of three beloved blessings. I enjoy fellowshiping with my Father, Savior, and Friend, the Great I AM. I seek His face through reading His word. I love to talk about all kinds of things.

Thursday, May 21, 2009

'A Teacher's Goodbye' Revised 2009

A Teacher's Goodbye

There are many ways to say, "Goodbye"

And many more reasons why

But why does it hurt and feel so new

To see you mature to the point that you have finally come to?

I do hope and so humbly pray

That what you have learned in these times

Will have made a difference in some way

Now go ... and make your own rhymes

For we have taught you all so well

But now it is time to say, "Farewell"


I am now and currently a GED teacher for CARES of MS-Building Shipbuilders Program. I will be participating in the second annual commencement ceremony this year. This will be a first for me, however. It's only a week away... so I revised this poem for that purpose. God is so abundantly good to me... He gave me this poem so long ago... when I had already dropped out of school... because He knew this day would come... I would be a teacher and feel this way... Thank You gracious, Father, thank You!

1 comment:

Retta said...

The first and turned out the only...and the poem was never used. But God is still sovereignly in control.