So instead, I bought me a new outfit! A brand new pair of jean (size16!!!!), undergarments, and a dark blue Tee-shirt that says "Live for now...dangerous, fearless, audacious" (wanting to try to change it to "Live for God" since we will be having a Jesus-year and all). Now, picture all that with my highest hills and my black slinky jacket and birthday purse from the kids. I was HOT! I felt great!
Before going home to get all gussied up, I went and got my oil changed. I happened to know a couple of the guys from Jr. High, who were working on my van ...and they were flirting with me. ;~) Note: I had gotten gussied up to come to work that day too...
We had a wonderful party. Guitar Hero Rules! (I got 85% on the drums with no assistance...that is with me also doing the foot petal...Oh! Yea! I Rock!!!)
Stayed up a little with the kids after Jeff and Kathleen went to bed. But then figured the kids would be ok unsupervised (They're good kids!)... Then God woke me up before anyone else. A few days before, Beth Moore posed a challenge on her blog for anyone who wants to to memorise/mediate on two verses a month all this year (she's were I got "Jesus-year" from.). And I believe this is why God woke me up before anyone else...to give me the opportunity to be with Him and start my Jesus-year off right! So before my eyes open, I think of is this challenge, but realize I didn't grab my bible from the house. I open my eyes on the shelf next to the TV is a book...could it be...I am at my youth pastor's house... but no it's a dictionary/thesaurus. That's ok I have a NKJV in the van...so I wrap up in a throw blanket and run out to get it and had plans of going on the back porch for my time with God...It was COLD outside, so on my way back through the house to the back yard I made sure to grab my crocks I brought with me (My highest hills are very cute, yet very uncomfortable!)
My verse was the one I left you with Wednesday...
Deuteronomy 11:1 “Therefore you shall love the LORD your God, and keep His charge, His statutes, His judgments, and His commandments always."
... the NKJ version is slightly different from the NAS version of my bible, but I like the NKJ version for this verse better. There was only one word I wasn't totally sure on the meaning for... While meditating, I used my own words- synonyms for each of "His" attributes I was to now keep.
was the one I wasn't sure of ...I pondered and pondered and pondered some more on this one word...then I remembered the dictionary/thesaurus that I woke up facing... the word that shook me to my core... that is a synonym to charge is RESPONSIBILITY... I am to now keep HIS RESPONSIBILITY, yall!!!!!!Charge
God gives us exactly what we need exactly when we need it! On the way to the party the night before, I was listening to David Jeremiah, not on my normal station mind you (which won't pick up where the Taylor's live). His main point, that I got just before I got out of my van to go into the party, was God gives us "impossible" tasks in order to prove His capabilities. I was remembering this just about the time I was getting ready to tell God "uhhh, no ...I can't take on YOUR responsibilities... I can barely take care of mine!" He smiled graciously, I'm sure, as I realized... He is not expecting me to take them (His nor mine) anywhere that He will not be with me for every step of the way. I will be using His unlimited resources to accomplish these "impossible" task or He will do all the work and I will be His humble witness to majesty...Either way...
Here I am! Lord, send me!
I'll try to keep yall posted as best I can...

1 comment:
Another New Year and still He has me facing the impossible, improbable, and implausible, But I take comfort is His almightiness, graciousness, and mercifulness.
Lord thank You for a very good Jesus year. Please Father be with me this one too...Shall We travel on? You prefect will Lord in Jesus name I pray-Amen.
Post a Comment