About me...

My photo
A mother of three beloved blessings. I enjoy fellowshiping with my Father, Savior, and Friend, the Great I AM. I seek His face through reading His word. I love to talk about all kinds of things.

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

GET OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok ok jeez...fine i'm going...you don't have to be so pushy Beth (then again) maybe you do when dealing with this kinda stuff...

Oh sorry for you who don't know I just started Get out of that Pit by: Beth "former pit-dweller" Moore.

I've only read to page #4 so far, but God has already shown up for this...I think that through all my recent waiting He has been waiting on me too...to come to this point!

Lord, here i am; take me!




8 comments:

Retta said...

Just finished Chapter One! I laugh so hard i almost peed my pants, but also cried so hard my checks are still flushed from emotion.

I'll share my paraphrased version of the point of chapter 1:

To be in a pit, we don't HAVE to be in a stronghold of sin. We just have to feel stuck, feel we can't stand, nor able to see clearly. That's all!

Well, Honey, that's me! That's been me most of my life in fact...It's past time to Get Out!

Thanks again Beth!

Retta said...

So I read chapters 2-4 last night.

Let's call them "How I got here in the pits"

Beth accurately describes three ways one to gets in a pit...

Your innocently thrown in by someone else, you ignorantly slip in all by yourself, or you knowingly jump in with both feet

...I must say I've experienced each one of these. Beth describes these as separate instances, however, in my catacombs of a pit I've been there so long I've just made hallways and tunnels to each one.

I'm so ready to trade in my stinky RV (read the book and you'll get the reference) for the mansion God has promised, it ain't even funny!

Retta said...

Chapter 5...WoW...and Ahhh (light bulb above my head appears) ok...

I have been struggling recently and for about a year now with a breakup that God Himself ordained... nothing was truly broken between us(me and ex-fiancee)... but now I realize what was not right... That feeling of something amiss between us had always haunted both of us. As hard as we both tried and in spite of as much as we both truly loved each other... We both were trying futilely to be something neither of us will ever be...Jesus for one another. We both have issues and even though they are great (too great for either of us alone and now I see together) God is so much Greater!!!

Thank You gracious Father for delivering me and him, now could You please let him know too...he needs the Savior that only You can be...i lift him up to You and i now will leave him there for You to take care of for i haven't the strength. i love You, Jesus, in Your name I pray and put my trust.

Retta said...

Oh my gawly gosh!!! 6...

Two stories:

1) There once was a donkey, who fell into a pit. The owner of the donkey tried all he could to rescue his beloved animal...even called his fellow neighbors to help him. Finally, the owner came to the conclusion the most loving thing he could possibly do for the animal is to bury it alive. The donkey of course felt other wise. As soon as they started shoveling dirt on top of it, the animal began to panic and wail. Then eventually it sounded as if the animal just gave up. It became quit... so quit the man thought it maybe dead so he looked into the pit to check. Nope! Donkey was still just as alive as it could be...with every shovel of dirt that fell upon the back of the beast, it would shake it off underneath then step up on top of it.

I have felt buried alive...I can without effort empathize with this poor creature. The difference in my story and this one is that my Master knew what He was doing when He started shoveling. Further more He knew that I would eventually stop screaming (not crying out to Him but screaming in panic) and step up.

2)This is from the movie "A Good Year" with Russel Crow. The main character (played by Russ) ends up falling into an abandoned pool. This pool, however, has no shallow end and consequently no ladder...Let that sink in a min. Imagine your in the bottom of a slimy, dirty, abandoned, empty pool with no hope of escape...
The heroness, who was offended unknowingly to him by our poor Russ(he thinks she's "a vision" btw), rescues him by turning on the waterworks... which so fits the way God heals us...

Russ makes the quoting comment "I like it, I like it because it's clean!" (which my kids love to death and we've used it often since)which so fits my sentiments exactly, while he is waiting for the pool to fill. And this is the part I love about this scenario of a scene...He doesn't wait till the pool is completely filled to attempt escape...He escapes As Soon As humanly Possible...He could wait a few more mins. and get out without a problem, but no he does all he has to to get out as fast as he can....That's me! That's where I'm at...I want out...And yesterday ain't soon enough! Great movie...a must see!!!

Retta said...

Awesome 7...I've realized reading this book that i was pretty much born in a pit...

Anyway, He has had my attention and I have been awaiting His deliverance for about a year and a half in the active conscience since.

Once he heard I was devotedly seeking God's face, my ex, after we went our separate ways, said something to the effect that if we hadn't called it quits I wouldn't have "found God" I quickly informed him that God found me long before we called it quits. As a matter of fact He found me at a very young age. But being born into the pit of my life He knew it would take a lifetime (or at the very least until now) for me to let Him lift me out of it. I'm pretty rebellious...which God knows He made me that way...so He knew also that i would have to try every other way first before I tried the only way that works.

Sounds like Beth is like that too from what i can tell from reading.
So I ain't the only hardheaded one...

Retta said...

God is so good...in 8, with 8, throughout 8...He has reaffirmed, confirmed, and point blankly told me to just let go...to walk away and don't look back. To do all the necessary giving, surrendering I need to, to Him of him, but to let go and let Him. I've held on so tightly, that I almost had myself convinced that I love him more now than I did when we were together, well in some ways that is true, but only because I love him in and with His heart instead of my own. And i can still do that, as long as I don't pick him back up. Like with cigarettes...WoW that makes so much since its kinda scary.

Retta said...

9...

I know, the video ain't exactly what you was saying, but it fits so well...I do, also, have a new hope in Him and thus a new song there as well.

Retta said...

10?

It's finished? why yes...I think it is...

my Deliverer, thank You, I know nothing will ever take me from my solid rock on which I stand which is in the palm of Your mighty hand. Forever more a rock dweller my heart desires to be, that means Your will and nothing less for me. In the name of Jesus Christ, my lord and Savior...amen!

Now all I need to do it the follow up verses the next few weeks and I'm all set.

Beth, thank you for following God's will by writing this book...God has profoundly used it to deliver me, and as soon as I'm done I'll be passing it on to the next pit dweller who is ready to listen, who is in my circles...Glory and Honor to my mighty Redeemer and King.