About me...

My photo
A mother of three beloved blessings. I enjoy fellowshiping with my Father, Savior, and Friend, the Great I AM. I seek His face through reading His word. I love to talk about all kinds of things.

Thursday, December 18, 2008

A Birthday Party, a Lunch Date, and Dinner with Friends

I was off yesterday by request...

Yesterday was Cynthia, my middle child's Birthday. So the night before I made rice crispy treats for her class. Don't ever get the red and green marshmallows thinking they will make the treats festive...unless it's Halloween...they came out quite gray. And crisps don't like food coloring either...tried to cover my mistake and the dye wouldn't dry...I literally have a green thumb now. I then ran back to the story to make yet again another double batch of treats. And tried to just dye some of the plain crisps red and some more green in separate containers ...I shall now repeat... Crisps don't like food coloring...I got some red/green crisp but only about 1 cup out of the 2 cups I was going for...But I got them made! Decided to take some of the gray treats just in case... good thinking on my part. I was one short (because I pulled my son from his class to join in the celebration). Oh I didn't mention ...they almost didn't let me do it! I had talked to the principle at church about the do's and don't's then called Monday to confirm I could and the time and such. The secretary never called me back, so I called and talked to the teacher, who said 9 am. I get to the office that morning and the secretary tells me the principle, who happened to be in a "very important conference" and could not be disturbed, sent an e-mail out the day before saying "NO PARTIES" because of school wide discipline problems... understandable and would have been great had they called me...I graciously explained my reasoning for wanting the party but was willing to accept if I could not CD had no idea I was even planing on doing this so it would be ok I would surprise her after school at home if need be. CD's teacher advocated for me, without jeopardizing her job, Thank You Lord! The party was a success! CD was so surprised, she even stood in front of her class and said a prayer of thanksgiving to God for the food and my ability to provide...as i am now, i couldn't help but tear up from the joy of her.

My oldest wanted to be there too, she knew about the whole thing...but has mid-terms this week. So I took her one of the gray treats, and ate lunch with her and one of her friends. It was so much fun! I will have to do it more often. God is truly good to me...more then I deserve.

Then I went to church last night hung out with the youth, then went to Taco Bell for dinner. We had so much fun just hanging out...it's been a while for me. God drowns me with His gracious Love and mercy...and I am so humbly thankful!

No comments: