About me...

My photo
A mother of three beloved blessings. I enjoy fellowshiping with my Father, Savior, and Friend, the Great I AM. I seek His face through reading His word. I love to talk about all kinds of things.

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Day 3 of 150

Psalms 3:

1
O LORD, how my adversaries have increased!
Many are rising up against me.
2Many are saying of my soul,
"There is no deliverance for him in God." Selah.
3But You, O LORD, are a shield about me,
My glory, and the One who lifts my head.
4I was crying to the LORD with my voice,
And He answered me from His holy mountain. Selah.
5I lay down and slept;
I awoke, for the LORD sustains me.
6I will not be afraid of ten thousands of people
Who have set themselves against me round about.
7Arise, O LORD; save me, O my God!
For You have smitten all my enemies on the cheek;
You have shattered the teeth of the wicked.
8Salvation belongs to the LORD;
Your blessing be upon Your people! Selah.

While many of you may not know me, those who do know that hardships aren't unknown to me. And like anyone else some I've brought on myself, some I've inherited, and even some that have been thrown upon me. There has been many a time when I've felt attacked on all sides (v1). many times when I feel the Enemy laughing at my expense saying, "There's no way out of this for you." (v2) And yet, like John 14:6 states- Jesus is the way (v3).

Most any time I'm driving without another person in the car, mainly to and from work, you could find me talking out loud to God. I pour my heart out before Him upon His alter. Jesus usually has to take the wheel...It's impossible to drive through tears safely without Him (v4a).

My soul soars in knowing that, although He is upon "His holy mountain" He hears me...And not only that He cares enough about me personally to listen but answer (v4b).

During my 9th and 10th grade school years God woke me each morning without an alarm (v5). I loved it... thought is the coolest thing ever. I don't know, I wish we could get back to that.

(Disclaimer: I understand that many find themselves in a physically abusive relationships. I lift you to the Father. But know this is just my experience please take it as such.) I didn't grow up around my dad. Though I did have some step dads who disciplined me...only one who went too far but he didn't last long. Thankfully, the only male to ever ball their fist up and strike me has been my older brother and that was when we were much younger. I've had men in my life threaten, but God established within me at a very young age that men are no better then women. Now once I reached a certain age I was readily able to recognize the differences between the two, but still one is not better. As a very young girl I wished I wasn't a girl...now don't take that wrong, I've ALWAYS been attracted to the opposite sex. In fact that attraction was partly why I wanted to not be a girl. I was always being told no I couldn't go with the boys because I wasn't one. Not to mention I've always gotten along with boys better than girls (until recently anyways). Plus I really liked boys. (memories of Greg and Troy when I was 4 yrs old chasing them trying to kiss them ...still warm my heart) I was the quintessential Boy-crazy-tomboy any girl could ever be. When it was finally explained to me that because I was a girl I was incapable of doing 'boy things' I was bound and determined to prove once and for all female kind that, "I can do anything you can do." I still feel this way, but I do recognise that there are just a few things that I can do that a male can do more efficiently, but that's ok cause there is something that I can and have done 3 times that they can't...get pregnant! LoL! So yeah, me afraid of people? only rarely(v6).

Then God reminds me like in verses 7 & 8 my God's the biggest badest (as in tough) God you're ever gonna meet.

Thank You Abba for Your bountiful blessings, strength, courage, and protection. Without You i am truly worthless and nothing. All praises to You alone In Jesus name-amen.

No comments: