Deuteronomy 11:1 “Therefore you shall love the LORD your God, and keep His charge, His statutes, His judgments, and His commandments always."
...was God calling me to service. Charge btw means responsibilities.
The second...
Psalm 139:23-24(NKJ) 23 Search me, O God, and know my heart; Try me and know my anxious thoughts; 24And see if there be any hurtful way in me, And lead me in the everlasting way.
...was me accepting and asking for His guidance hence "Lead me in the everlasting way."
And His response is my third verse which I've learned before ...
John 14:6(NAS) Jesus said to him(her), "I AM the way, and the
truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.
...Jesus You are my Saviour, God my Creator and the Spirit my Guide. God has a message for me and I aim to listen! It was at this time God blessed me with the best paying job I've ever had.
Then He led me to my forth verse...
Luke 1:46-50 46 Mary responded, “Oh, how my soul praises the Lord. 47 How my spirit rejoices in God my Savior!
48 For He took notice of His lowly servant girl, and from now on, all generations will call me blessed. 49 For the Mighty One is holy, and He has done great things for me.
50 He shows mercy from generation to generation to all who fear Him.
...God showed me through these verses how one ought to react to Him choosing them. I used this lesson as a devotional. Notice Mary “responded” then “rejoiced.” Further, she recognized her position compare to God. Then with great reverence praised God. And finally she gave revelation to God's ability.
March is the month Lee(my ex-fiancé) was born, and this was approaching the year mark after our breakup. I kept being led to scripture passages like Psalm 37:4,5; Mark 11:24; James 4:2-3; Philippians 4:5-7; and 1 John 5:14-15 My heart's desire was simple I wanted him back in order to verse 5 with him...
Psalm 34:3 (NAS) “O magnify the LORD with me,
And let us exalt His name together.”
The devil was working on me, so I asked God, “Is it possible for us to be reunited within Your will?” I further asked Him to answer in a way that was undeniably Him...
Romans 4:21 (NAS) “and being fully assured that what God had promised, He was able also to perform”
Psalm 34:4 (NAS) “I sought the LORD, and He answered me,
And delivered me from all my fears.”
...Oh did He ever answer. One of the other Siesta decided to “change” her scripture to 1 Samuel 16:7. It was a hard pill to swallow, one that hasn't quite digested completely.
Then God had me serving Him as a GA leader at church. That is where 7 came from...
Micah 6:8 (NLT) “No, O people, the Lord has told you what is good, and this is what He requires of you: to do what is right, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.”
...He started over with me, taking me by the hand like the child I am.
8 was no exception to this...
Job 22:21 (AMP) “Acquaint now yourself with Him, agree with God, and show yourself conformed to His will, and be at peace; by that you shall prosper, and great good shall come to you.”
...I'm trying to conform to God's will, and the 'be at peace' thing is slow coming when it comes to my heart, but I'm trying.
So God gave me 9...
Psalms 75:7 (NKJ) “But God is the Judge He puts down one and exalts another”
...Yes Sir. It was like He was saying, “End of store.” or at least, “Drop it!”
Then God reminded me He mailed me a dollar once. See my son had a football game my youngest daughter was cheering at and it cost $! to go. The game was unfortunately a day or two before I got paid and no one had a dollar to spare. That night, complaining to a friend I was living with while opening my mail, I got to the part where it cost a dollar and like magic there was exactly what I needed. Hence the importance of 10...
Deuteronomy 4:9 (NLT) “But watch out! Be careful never to forget what you yourself have seen. Do not let these memories escape from your mind as long as you live! And be sure to pass them on to your children and grandchildren.”
…I remember Your mercy, grace, Your goodness Lord, thank You, and forgive my attitude please.
The next few verses were to prepare me...between ex-relationships, coworkers, and family... life has not been easy. 11...
Jeremiah 1:19 (NAS); 1:8(NLT) 19 “They will fight against you, but they will not overcome you, for I am with you to deliver you,' declares the Lord. 8 And don't be afraid of the people, for I will be with you and will protect you. I the Lord, have spoken.”
...verses like these kept me from giving up on life, myself, even God.
12 the same...
Judges 7:2 (NLT) “The Lord said to Gideon (me), 'You have too many warriors with you. If I let all of you fight the Medianites (the enemy), the Israelites (you) will boast to Me that they (you) saved themselves (yourself) by their (your) own strength.
...I actually emailed this one to someone whom I felt attacks from.
13 and 14 were combined and long...
Matthew 8:7-12 7 Jesus said, “I will come and heal him.” 8 But the officer said, “Lord, I am not worthy to have you come into my home. Just say the word from where you are, and my servant will be healed. 9 I know this because I am under the authority of my superior officers, and I have authority over my soldiers. I only need to say, ‘Go,’ and they go, or ‘Come,’ and they come. And if I say to my slaves, ‘Do this,’ they do it.” 10 When Jesus heard this, he was amazed. Turning to those who were following him, he said, “I tell you the truth, I haven’t seen faith like this in all Israel! 11 And I tell you this, that many Gentiles will come from all over the world—from east and west—and sit down with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob at the feast in the Kingdom of Heaven. 12 But many Israelites—those for whom the Kingdom was prepared—will be thrown into outer darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.”
...God was just showing me the kind of faith I need to have.
Then both of my younger children made professions of faith at church (my oldest had been baptized on her birthday the year before) and they live in a very diverse home spiritually speaking not with me. Then he made me a promise in 15...
2 John 4 (NLT); Revelation 3:8 (MSG) “4 How happy I was to meet some of your children and find them living according to the truth, just as the Father commanded. 8 I see what you've done. Now see what I've done. I've opened a door before you that no one can slam shut. You don't have much strength, I know that; you used what you had to keep My word. You didn't deny Me when times were rough.”
...I know I have a hard time seeing but I still haven't found that door yet. Don't get me wrong I believe with all I am it is out there!!!
16 I renew my vow to spread the word about how mighty He is. It was shortly after this that God uprooted me. Lela(my oldest) was with me for a short while during this time. I miss her. But God's work had to be done...
Psalms 145:12 (HCSB) “informing [ALL] people of Your mighty acts and of the glorious splendor of Your kingdom.”
...my God is so big, so strong and so mighty there no thing me God can not do.
Then God nailed somethings down for me in 17...
Ecclesiastes 12:13-14 (NAS) “13 The conclusion, when all has been heard is: fear God and keep His commandments, because this applies to every person. 14 For God will bring every act into judgment everything which is hidden, whether it is good or evil.”
...its simply fear God and obey. As for all those who have opposed me well all I can say is Mercy, Lord.
18 was just the encouragement I to know without a doubt God wants me using some of my time serving Him at the Pregnancy Center here in Wiggins (were I'm currently planted)...
Romans 8:26-28 (MSG) Meanwhile, the moment we get tired in the waiting God's Spirit is right alongside helping us along. If we don't know how or what to pray it doesn't matter. He does our praying for us, making prayer out of our wordless sighs and aching groans. He knows us far better than we know ourselves, knows our pregnant condition, and keeps us present before God. That's why we can be sure that every detail in our lives of love for God is worked into something good.
...the last verse is something I'm holding on to while I et ready to go to TX for the SSMTC.
The rest of the verses were set on Isiah 55, but know and understand God walked me step by step through each one personally. Invitation to the Lord’s Salvation...
Come and drink—
even if you have no money!
Come, take your choice of wine or milk—
it’s all free!
2 Why spend your money on food that does not give you strength?
Why pay for food that does you no good?
Listen to me, and you will eat what is good.
You will enjoy the finest food.
(M&M #19) I was really worried about food and such at this time; this was God telling me, “Don't”
3 “Come to me with your ears wide open.
Listen, and you will find life.
I will make an everlasting covenant with you.
I will give you all the unfailing love I promised to David.
4 See how I used him to display my power among the peoples.
I made him a leader among the nations.
5 You also will command nations you do not know,
and peoples unknown to you will come running to obey,
because I, the Lord your God,
the Holy One of Israel, have made you glorious.”
(M&M #20) I was and still am having difficulties with Clint (ex-husband), but God was reaffirming His vow to me, reminding me of the door He has standing open for me.
6 Seek the Lord while you can find him.
Call on him now while he is near.
7 Let the wicked change their ways
and banish the very thought of doing wrong.
Let them turn to the Lord that he may have mercy on them.
Yes, turn to our God, for he will forgive generously.
(21) My sister-in-law started talking with a preacher about getting baptized about this time. I believe this is one of the reasons God had me move back here with them no less.
8 “My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts,” says the Lord.
“And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine.
9 For just as the heavens are higher than the earth,
so my ways are higher than your ways
and my thoughts higher than your thoughts.
(22) He was just making sure I knew His place and thus mine.
10 “The rain and snow come down from the heavens
and stay on the ground to water the earth.
They cause the grain to grow,
producing seed for the farmer
and bread for the hungry.
11 It is the same with my word.
I send it out, and it always produces fruit.
It will accomplish all I want it to,
and it will prosper everywhere I send it.
(23) At this time I was faithfully emailing Lee highlights from Beth's Daniel; Everone was wondering myself included, “Lord why...what's the point?”... three days later it snowed in SOUTH Mississippi. Here's a picture or two to prove it!
And yes all those big white specks are snowflakes including the heart shaped thing above my head.
12 You will live in joy and peace.
The mountains and hills will burst into song,
and the trees of the field will clap their hands!
13 Where once there were thorns, cypress trees will grow.
Where nettles grew, myrtles will sprout up.
These events will bring great honor to the Lord’s name;
they will be an everlasting sign of his power and love.”
(24)I personally can't wait. I believe here again God is getting me ready for that door. Lord ,Your will in Your perfect time...bring great honor to Yourself let me be a part or at least witness this everlasting sign In Jesus name amen.
A week from now I'll be celebrating these with like 500 other Siestas and our Siesta Mama. Thank You Lord I'm unworthy with out You, but You lavish me.

3 comments:
This is a wonderful recap of your verses!
I'm so proud of you for memorizing your Scripture. I hope it is hidden in your heart. Keep pressing it in. It is very obvious that God was glorified by you working hard on your verses!
Much love from a sister in Michigan!
Such a blessing to have been able to participate, and what precious memories each one of us have from the rewards of our labor. Praise His Name!
Post a Comment