The king appointed for them a daily ration from the king's choice food and from the wine which he drank, and appointed that they should be educated three years, at the end of which they were to enter the king's personal service.
"Please test your servants for ten days,
I use the New American Standard translation. However, in the King James version the "king's choice food" is called the "king's meat"...So what I am refraining from is meats and breads mostly. Though I haven't had any fruit either, except some lemon in my water, which is the only thing I have drank (with and without the lemon). The only spices I've used so far is butter(margarine=soy oil), salt, and pepper, but I'm not limiting seasonings. I'm not sure about nuts or seeds though???
I did some research and found... http://www.jtcwd.com/vegie/nutrition/facts.html... I think anything from their Vegetable list will be acceptable for me to eat...any of the herbs for seasoning purposes will be ok, and the rest I will cut out. That means no more salt nor lemon.
I understand he ate this for three years, but I'm just taking the test...10 days. I started on the 2nd... so the last day will be the 12th...the day before the "BIG" day LoL...
17 "If it be so, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the furnace of blazing fire; and He will deliver us out of your hand, O king.
18 "But even if He does not, let it be known to you, O king, that we are not going to serve your gods or worship the golden image that you have set up."

1 comment:
So....I've made it!
The results... one doesn't loose on Daniel's Diet, yall. Though what I gained was not weight, but was discrenment in knowing through and through that God is Almighty!
You see about a year or so ago the Lord called me to choose between Him and someone I love dearly. This person would have given me up if put in the same perdicament...And I tried...I took the nessissarey steps at that time to change & follow Christ wholehartedly. Then temptation came into play & I gave in to the pressures...Then consquently God took my love one away from me for my disobeidence. No, He didn't call him home...Lee is still alive. We are just not a couple any more.
But the was the point of all my endurance through Daniel's Diet(not to get Lee back) ...the past 10 days was to prove to me in particular, but to everyone else who knows the situation that Matthew 19:26 is very true...
And looking at them Jesus said to them, "With people this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."
I know this 'cause a year ago I tried to stand for Christ, but I tried to do so alone... a year ago I didn't turn to the Lord, more importantly, His word for guidance & strength...I tried to "lean on my own understanding" I prayed my heart out then and now, but then I didn't read my bible not once durning that time; now it's rare to find me with out it open in front of me during any free moment I have...Then those arround me expressed they didn't understand me and so I gave up and gave in...this time...they have expressed that they are kinda tired of it all..they still don't understand it at all...But ya know what, I don't really care! My God is more then enough...He is my strength, my refuge, & most importantly my redeemer.
Thank you, Lord, for saving a wretch like me... Glory, Honor, & Praises to Your Holiness! I humbly bow before You, my KIng... I surrender all! In Jesus's name, amen!
Post a Comment