The Lord's topic of the day today, for me, seems to be marriage...Today at church Bro. Perry's sermon revolved around it, tonight at work it was the topic of discussion between me and a fellow co-worker, and then just a few min. ago I checked the new LPM post which, you guessed it, featured a devotional for married couples.
Lord, make me/mold me into the worthy woman (Proverbs 31:10-31)that I may be so blessed, if it be Your will, with a God fearing, God loving, God seeking man of my dreams that I could serve You with. In Jesus name. Amen!
If God blesses me with this someone will have to get us that devotional (Devotions for a Sacred Marriage by Gary Thomas) for a wedding present. *Hint-Hint* LoL.
Staff Features: A Glimpse of Grace
6 years ago

1 comment:
This is an exerpt of an article on the lifeway website...
"Talking Marriage? How to Know If It's the Right Time
When the question goes pop and a wedding date is set, the majority of engaged couples find their way to pre-marital counseling. They talk with a minister or counselor about things like values and family history and sex. And they get training for how to work through arguments. But until the engagement is official, marriage education is traditionally limited to observation (which may or may not come from good examples) and random bits of advice from people (who may or may not know what they’re talking about).
More and more, however, couples are deciding they want to be sure before that sparkly ring is on the all-important finger. They want to know they’re making the right decision. They want to go into marriage with realistic expectations. So, many couples are asking professional counselors to help them sort things out pre-engagement. Call it unromantic if you want, but experts are calling it smart."
This article made me realize, with all certainty, that I needed this(counseling) with Lee... I still need this... another article in the "Homelife" magizine, offerd at my chuch, also put out by lifeway, which talked about "ghost from past relationships" made me realize that I offten, without intention, treated Lee in certain ways because of past hurts, in which he had not caused.
Although, I am not in any counseling...I am getting some from the ultimate Counseler...God is molding me...I must endure.
Post a Comment