First let me say, I don't care if you agree, disagree, or are indifferent about any of what I'm about to say!!! I thank my God for the freedom He's given to me to think for myself, and further more, that I live in a country that recognizes that right through not hindering it by giving me the right to share my thoughts openly, freely, and without fear!!!
Ok? Now...
I have checked out a few things...yes only a few...that deal with our up coming election...I could not tell you either sides main point they are "standing for" nor could I tell you what they claim is why you shouldn't vote for the next guy... I can, however, tell you about how I felt the first time I watched an online speech from each of them...
For Obama and McCain it was before they became their party's nominees when they were still fighting for that privilege...in the MTV/MYSPACE debates...where each candidate was invited to speak to college aged voters...
McCain was the first one I saw...though I don't think he was even one of the first to accept...I'm pretty sure he wasn't...but his speech was the first one I saw...I was inspired! There is no other way to describe what I felt after listening to him...did he look to me as if he enjoyed the speech...not particularly...do I think he did it just because someone else told him it was the thing to do to stay in the running...most likely!!! But that's just it...he wasn't trying to be something he is not...I will tell you, especially when he first walked out on the stage but several times throughout the video, he looked completely lost...he had no idea what he was doing much less how to do so without everyone with eyes seeing that he didn't ...It's not that he didn't try to wing it and do the best he could to take all the "right" steps.... I was impressed with his effort to do what was needed to accept and reach out to all his potential voters on their level...I was further intrigued with his inability to fake it without it being obvious he wasn't 100% certain of what he was doing...
Then I watched some of the others...in which Obama was one...I have to say it was all I could do to keep my focus and try to stay with all the others while they babbled on about what they thought I and others wanted to hear...To be completely honest there were only two videos from that series I watched all of ...and none were from Obama's team...much less Obama's himself.
Side Note: McCain's was one and Hucklebee's was the other...I would have went with Hucklebee all the way!
Before watching those airings I didn't know which "team" I was for... I still don't know by name democratic/republican... which one they are with is not important to me...what they stand for is...how they carry their self is...but that's because I don't just listen to the words coming out of some one's mouth...I watch them as well...If the two don't match I stop listening cause then the words are just that and I have more important things to do with my time then to listen to someone just so they can hear themselves talk...
Granted: Obama does make a good speech! Out of his "team" I listen to more of his speech then any other's and from the others (if they were the ONLY ones to choose from) he was the one I was rooting for!
Now the vice-presidential nominees...I listened to their officially approved video on their respective election myspaces...here again I had no problem listening to and getting behind Palin (she has spunk and I am a bit like that too so I can relate to her and it ain't a stretch to support how she sees things)...Joe was trying to feed me something he, himself, couldn't whole heatedly ingest...
I will say, that Obama's myspace was the most myspace familiar-friendly looking page...with Joe's being a good effort to fake it for someone who is so not into the myspace thing...where as neither McCain nor Palin even really tried to conform to the whole myspace thing...but that is kinda why I like them...here again doing what is needed to reach us myspacers on our level without being something they are not...however, they all could help us busy slackers out by offering more speeches, but don't chop them up ...put them out their rawly...don't put your spin on them...offer them honestly, so we can make up our own God blessed, with the power of thinking, minds!!!
Staff Features: A Glimpse of Grace
6 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment