About me...

My photo
A mother of three beloved blessings. I enjoy fellowshiping with my Father, Savior, and Friend, the Great I AM. I seek His face through reading His word. I love to talk about all kinds of things.

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Daniel

I recently read some of Daniel (chapters 1-7) ok need to go to work...Didn't realize what time it was! I'll finish this at work if I fine time if not I'll have to when I get home tonight...suspense LOL...

1 comment:

Retta said...

Sorry about that...Back to Daniel...Yes, he is the one that was thrown into the lions' den (Daniel 6) and before that his three friends were saved by God in the fiery furnace (Daniel 3)...

What I get from Daniel is…
1. God is in control! Even when others don’t believe in Him.
2. God is Almighty! We just need to trust and obey no matter the apparent outcome.
3. God gets the glory! In Daniel there are great passages of praise and worship to the Lord...Here are a few:
† 2:20-23
20Daniel said,
"Let the name of God be blessed forever and ever,
For wisdom and power belong to Him.
21"It is He who changes the times and the epochs;
He removes kings and establishes kings;
He gives wisdom to wise men
And knowledge to men of understanding.
22"It is He who reveals the profound and hidden things;
He knows what is in the darkness,
And the light dwells with Him.
23"To You, O God of my fathers, I give thanks and praise,
For You have given me wisdom and power;
Even now You have made known to me what we requested of You,
For You have made known to us the king's matter."
† 4:3
3"How great are His signs
And how mighty are His wonders!
His kingdom is an everlasting kingdom
And His dominion is from generation to generation.
† 4:34-35
34"But at the end of that period, I, Nebuchadnezzar, raised my eyes toward heaven and my reason returned to me, and I blessed the Most High and praised and honored Him who lives forever;
For His dominion is an everlasting dominion,
And His kingdom endures from generation to generation.
35"All the inhabitants of the earth are accounted as nothing,
But He does according to His will in the host of heaven
And among the inhabitants of earth;
And no one can ward off His hand
Or say to Him, 'What have You done?'
† 6:26-27
26"I make a decree that in all the dominion of my kingdom men are to fear and tremble before the God of Daniel;
For He is the living God and enduring forever,
And His kingdom is one which will not be destroyed,
And His dominion will be forever.
27"He delivers and rescues and performs signs and wonders
In heaven and on earth,
Who has also delivered Daniel from the power of the lions."
† 7:9-10
9"I kept looking
Until thrones were set up,
And the Ancient of Days took His seat;
His vesture was like white snow
And the hair of His head like pure wool
His throne was ablaze with flames,
Its wheels were a burning fire.
10"A river of fire was flowing
And coming out from before Him;
Thousands upon thousands were attending Him,
And myriads upon myriads were standing before Him;
The court sat,
And the books were opened.
† 7:13-14
13"I kept looking in the night visions,
And behold, with the clouds of heaven
One like a Son of Man was coming,
And He came up to the Ancient of Days
And was presented before Him.
14"And to Him was given dominion,
Glory and a kingdom,
That all the peoples, nations and men of every language
Might serve Him
His dominion is an everlasting dominion
Which will not pass away;
And His kingdom is one
Which will not be destroyed.

I pray God reveals Himself to you today...