About me...

My photo
A mother of three beloved blessings. I enjoy fellowshiping with my Father, Savior, and Friend, the Great I AM. I seek His face through reading His word. I love to talk about all kinds of things.

Friday, September 12, 2008

God's message for today...

Passage Matthew 7:13

13 "Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter through it.

Robert Frost (1874–1963). Mountain Interval 1920.

The Road Not Taken


TWO roads diverged in a yellow wood,

And sorry I could not travel both

And be one traveler, long I stood

And looked down one as far as I could

To where it bent in the undergrowth;


Then took the other, as just as fair,

And having perhaps the better claim,

Because it was grassy and wanted wear;

Though as for that the passing there

Had worn them really about the same,


And both that morning equally lay

In leaves no step had trodden black.

Oh, I kept the first for another day!

Yet knowing how way leads on to way,

I doubted if I should ever come back.



I shall be telling this with a sigh

Somewhere ages and ages hence:

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—

I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.


Passage Matthew 6:25-27, 30-31

25 "For this reason I say to you, do not be worried about your life, as to what you will eat or what you will drink; nor for your body, as to what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing?
26 "Look at the birds of the air, that they do not sow, nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet
your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not worth much more than they?
27 "And who of you
by being worried can add a single hour to his life?
30 "But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which is alive today and tomorrow is thrown into the furnace,
will He not much more clothe you? You of little faith!
31 "Do not worry then, saying, 'What will we eat?' or 'What will we drink?' or 'What will we wear for clothing?'

The Lord alone takes care of you...


Passage Matthew 6:32-34:

32 "For the Gentiles {the unsaved} eagerly seek all these things; for your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things.
33 "But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.
34 "So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough { to worry about}trouble of its own.

So don't worry just seek God...


Passage Matthew 7:7-8:

7 "Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.
8 "For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened.

And you will find Him! Further, ask of Him & you will recieve...



Passage Matthew 7:1-2, 12

1 "Do not
judge so that you will not be judged.
2 "For in the way you judge, you will be judged; and by your standard of measure, it will be measured to you.
12 "In everything, therefore, treat people the same way you want them to treat you, for this is the Law and the Prophets.

The Golden Rule "Do until others as you would have them do unto you." and the Silver like it "Do not to others that which you would not want done to you."

Passage 2 Peter 3:9:

9 The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance.

This is why it is so important for us to wait on/with the Lord.

I'm not trying to say one is better than the other as a whole, but I once attended a church that for the alter call would sing just one verse only to a hyme, and that was it. My current church, however, insist on singing all the verses...We do this to give the Spirit it's time to work on a person. And if someone does make that all important step...we continue singing until the Lord is done.

No comments: