About me...

My photo
A mother of three beloved blessings. I enjoy fellowshiping with my Father, Savior, and Friend, the Great I AM. I seek His face through reading His word. I love to talk about all kinds of things.

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Hosea

Passage Hosea 1:6

Then she conceived again and gave birth to a daughter. And the LORD said to him, "Name her Lo-ruhamah, for I will no longer have compassion on the house of Israel, that I would ever forgive them.


Lo-Ruhamah means she has not obtained compassion. I know the feeling.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Passage Hosea 2:13

"I will punish her for the days of the Baals
When she used to offer sacrifices to them
And adorn herself with her earrings and jewelry,
And follow her lovers, so that she forgot Me," declares the LORD.



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Passage Hosea 2:19-20

19
"I will betroth you to Me forever;
Yes, I will betroth you to Me in righteousness and in justice,
In lovingkindness and in compassion
,
20
And I will betroth you to Me in faithfulness.
Then you will know the LORD.



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Passage Hosea 3:3

Then I said to her, "You shall stay with me for many days. You shall not play the harlot, nor shall you have a man; so I will also be toward you."





--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Passage Hosea 4:6

people are destroyed for lack of knowledge
Because you have rejected knowledge,
I also will reject you from being My priest
Since you have forgotten the law of your God,
I also will forget your children.

A warning...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Passage Hosea 5:4, 6, 15

4
Their deeds will not allow them
To return to their God
.
For a spirit of harlotry is within them,
And they do not know the LORD.


6 They will go with their flocks and herds
To seek the LORD, but they will not find Him;
He has withdrawn from them.


15 I will go away and return to My place
Until they acknowledge their guilt and seek My face;
In their affliction they will earnestly seek Me.

unconfessed sin is what separates

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Passage Hosea 6:3 , 6

3 "So let us know, let us press on to know the LORD
His going forth is as certain as the dawn;
And He will come to us like the rain,
Like the spring rain watering the earth."

6
For I delight in loyalty rather than sacrifice,
And in the knowledge of God rather than burnt offerings.



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Passage Hosea 6:11

Also, O Judah{your name here}, there is a harvest appointed for you,
When I restore the fortunes of My people.


a promised blessing
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Passage Hosea 7:2, 13-14

2 And
they do not consider in their hearts
That I remember all their wickedness
Now their deeds are all around them;
They are before My face.

13 Woe to them, for they have strayed from Me!
Destruction is theirs, for
they have rebelled against Me!
I would redeem them, but they speak lies against Me.
14 And they do not cry to Me from their heart
When they wail on their beds;
For the sake of grain and new wine they assemble themselves,
They turn away from Me.

You can consider your own heart... Remember He already knows all your wickedness... You are before His face right now! Woe to anyone who does not repent.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Passage Hosea 7:15, 8:12
7:15 Although I trained and strengthened their arms, Yet they devise evil against Me.
8:12 Though I wrote for him ten thousand precepts of My law, They are regarded as a strange thing.

He taught you what you should know, yet you are still a stranger to Him? He has told you what He expects through the bible.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Passage Hosea 9:5

What will you do on the day of the appointed festival
And on the day of the feast of the LORD?


If you aren't ready for the festivities, then what will you do when the day of celebration arrives and you are found not ready?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Passage Hosea 9:11-12, 14, 16-17

11 As for Ephraim, their glory will fly away like a bird--
No birth, no pregnancy and no conception!
12
Though they bring up their children,
Yet I will bereave them until not a man is left.
Yes, woe to them indeed when I depart from them!

14 Give them, O LORD--what will You give?
Give them a miscarrying womb and dry
breasts.

16 Ephraim is stricken, their root is dried up,
They will bear no fruit
Even though they bear children,
I will slay the precious ones of their womb.
17 My God will cast them away
Because they have not listened to Him;

And they will be wanderers among the nations.


God alone makes descendants...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Passage Hosea 10:2-4, 10, 12-13

2 Their heart is faithless;
Now they must bear their guilt
The LORD will break down their altars
And destroy their sacred pillars.
3 Surely now they will say, "We have no king,
For{because} we do not revere the LORD.
As for the king, what can he do for us?"
4 They speak mere words,
With worthless oaths they make covenants;
And judgment sprouts like poisonous weeds
in the furrows of the field.

10 When it is My desire, I will chastise them;
And the peoples will be gathered against them
When they are bound for their double guilt.



12 Sow with a view to righteousness,
Reap in accordance with kindness;
Break up your fallow ground,
For it is time to seek the LORD
Until He comes
to rain righteousness on you.
13 You have plowed wickedness, you have reaped injustice,
You have eaten the fruit of lies
Because you have trusted in your way, in your numerous warriors,


And He even has power over man-made buildings.
But He always gives a way out... a saving grace.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Passage Hosea 11:3, 7-10

3 Yet it is I who
taught Ephraim {your name} to walk,
I took them in My arms;
But they did not know that I healed them.

7 So My people are bent on turning from Me.
Though
they call them to the One on high,
None at all exalts Him.
8 How can I give you up, O Ephraim?
How can I surrender you, O Israel?
How can I make you like Admah?
How can I treat you like Zeboiim?
My heart is turned over within Me,
All My compassions are kindled.
9
I will not execute My fierce anger;
I will not destroy Ephraim{your name}
again
For I am God and not man, the Holy One in your midst,
And I will not come in wrath.
10
They will walk after the LORD,
He will roar like a lion;
Indeed He will roar
And His sons will come trembling from the west.


Do not forget the Lord, your God is your Father, though He is not like man...He is Love in all it's splendor.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Passage Hosea 12:5-6

5
Even the LORD, the God of hosts,
The LORD is His name.
6
Therefore, return to your God,
Observe kindness and justice,
And wait for your God continually.


He is calling you.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Passage Hosea 13:4-6

4
Yet I have been the LORD your God
Since the land of Egypt;
And you were not to know any god except Me,
For there is no savior besides Me.
5 I cared for you in the wilderness,
In the land of drought.
6 As they had their pasture,
they became satisfied,
And being satisfied, their heart became proud;
Therefore they forgot Me.


No one else can be God or do what He can do. Yet we still forget Him?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Passage Hosea 13:9-11:

9
It is your destruction, O Israel{your name},
That you are against Me, against your help.
10
Where now is your king
That he may save you in all your cities,
And your judges of whom you requested,
"Give me a king and princes"?
11 I gave you a king in My anger
And took him away in My wrath.


I, personally, feel the convection of these words.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Passage Hosea 13:13

The pains of childbirth come upon him;
He is not a wise son,
For it is not the time that he should delay at the opening of the womb.


To be honest, I fear the Lord, & in such must obey...even when I don't know why.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Passage Hosea 14:1


1 Return, O Israel {your name}, to the LORD your God,
For you have stumbled because of your iniquity.




Return to Him! He is calling you!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Passage Hosea 14:9

9 Whoever is wise, let him understand these things;
Whoever is discerning, let him know them
For the ways of the LORD are right,
And the righteous will walk in them,
But transgressors will stumble in them.

The wise understand what is right & do it; those with discretion, further still, know what is wrong & refrain from it.

No comments: