About me...

My photo
A mother of three beloved blessings. I enjoy fellowshiping with my Father, Savior, and Friend, the Great I AM. I seek His face through reading His word. I love to talk about all kinds of things.

Saturday, September 6, 2008

Lamentations

The following is what God has laid on my heart through the book of Lamentations...this is a paraphrased version which fits my personal situation of the book ...

(the verses that inspired the feelings) {words I've added inorder to complete a thought}

I weep bitterly in the night, my tears are on my checks I have none to comfort me. Among all my lovers... all my friends have dealt treacherously with me. (1:2)

For the Lord caused my grief because of the multitude of my transgressions. (5) In the days of my affliction & homelessness, (7) because I had sinned greatly, (8) {in which} I did not consider my future, I have no comforter. See, oh Lord, my affliction. (9)

Look & see if there is any pain like mine (12)

From on high He has turned me back... {to do this} He has made me desolate (13) For these things I weep... my eyes run down with water Because far from me is a comforter... One who restores my soul (16) See, oh Lord, for I am in distress, my spirit is greatly troubled. My heart is overturned within me. For I have been very rebellious (20)

They have heard I groan... There is no one to comfort me... All my enemies have heard of my calamity. They are glad that You have done it (21)

For all my transgressions, my groans are many & my heart is faint. How the Lord has covered me with a cloud in His anger! (2:1)

How should I admonish you? To what shall I compare you, oh daughter? To what should I liken you as I comfort you? For your ruin is as vast as the sea... Who can heal you? (13)

All your enemies have opened their mouths against you. They say, "We have swallowed her up! Surely this is the day for which we waited...we have reached it... we have seen it." (16)

The Lord has done what He purposed... He has caused the enemy to rejoice over me... (17)

Oh daughter, let your tears run down like a river day & night. Give yourself no relief. Let your eyes have no rest. (18) Arise, cry aloud in the night... at the beginning of the night pour out your heart like water before the presence of the Lord. Lift up you hands to Him, for the life of your little ones. (19)

See, oh Lord & look! With whom have You dealt thus? (20) Remember my afflictions & wanderings (3:19) Surely my soul remembers (20)

This I recall to mind...Therefore I have hope (21) The Lord's lovingkindness indeed never ceases. For His compassion never fails. (22) They are new every morning. Great is Your faithfulness! (23) "The Lord is my portion," says my soul, "Therefore I have hope in Him." (24)

The Lord is good to those who wait for Him. To the person who seeks Him: it is good you wait silently for the salvation of the Lord. (25-26)

So Let me sit alone & be silent... since He has laid it on me. (28) Perhaps there is hope! (29) For the Lord will not reject forever...(31)

For if He causes grief, then He will have compassion according to His abundant lovingkindness. (32) For He does not afflict willingly (33)

{In light of this} why should any offer complaint in view of his{her} sins? (39)

Let me examine & probe my ways...And let me return to the Lord (40) I lift up my heart & hands toward God in heaven (41)

I have transgressed & rebelled.

You have not {yet} pardoned (42) You have covered Yourself with anger & pursued me. (43) All my enemies have opened their mouths against me (46)

My eyes run down with streams of water (48) My eyes pour unceasingly without stopping (49)
Until the Lord looks down & sees from heaven (50) My eyes bring pain to my soul (51)

My enemies without cause (52) have placed a stone on me (53) I am cut off (54)

I called your name, oh Lord (55) You have heard my voice, Do not hide your ear from my prayer for relief... from my cry for help. (56) You drew near when I called You... You said, "Do not fear!" (57) Oh Lord, You have pleaded my soul's case... You have redeemed my life. (58) Oh Lord, You have seen my oppression... judge my case... (59)

You have seen all their vengeance...All their schemes against me (60) The lips of my assailants & their whispering are against me all day long (62) Please, Lord, do not give them hardness of heart... do not curse them (65) Mercy!!!

Side note: Lam. 3:5, 7-9, 11, 14-18 reminds me of someone (not me) that I know.

The Lord has accomplished His wrath. He has poured out His fierce anger. And He has kindeled a fire in me. (4:11)

"Depart! Unclean!" I cried of myself. "Depart, depart, do not touch!" So they fled and wandered.

Men said, "She shall not continue to dwell with us." (15)


The presence of the Lord has scattered them. He will not continue to regard them. (16)

My eyes failed, {so} looking for help is useless, for a nation can not save {me} (17)

Our end drew near... Our days were finished, for our end had come. (18) Our pursuers were swifter. They chased us...they waited in ambush for us. (19)

Rejoice! & be glad, oh daughter! The cup will come around to you as well. You will become drunk & make yourself naked. (21) The punishment of your iniquity has been complete, oh daughter. He will no longer exile you. But He will punish your iniquity, oh daughter...He will expose your sins! (22)

Remember, oh Lord, what has befallen us. Look & see our reproach! (5:1) Our inheritance has been turned over to strangers... Our houses to aliens. (2) We have become orphans without a father; our mothers are like widows. (3) We have to pay for our drinking water. (4)

My pursuers are at my neck. I am worn out, there is no rest for me (5) There is no one to deliever me (8) My skin has become as hot as an oven. (10)

The joy of our hearts has ceased. My dancing has been turned into morning. (15) The crown has fallen from our heads; Woe to us, for we have sinned. (16) Because of this my heart is faint... because of these things my eyes are dim. (17)

You, oh Lord, rule forever! Your throne is from generation to generation. (19)

Why do You forget us forever? Why do You forsake us so long? (20) Restore us to You, oh Lord, that we may be restored... Renew our days of old. (21) ...Unless...You have utterly rejected us & are exceedingly angry with us... (22)

While reading all of this, I realized that this is almost a chronicle of my circumstances... funny how God does that.

No comments: