About me...

My photo
A mother of three beloved blessings. I enjoy fellowshiping with my Father, Savior, and Friend, the Great I AM. I seek His face through reading His word. I love to talk about all kinds of things.

Monday, October 6, 2008

Back on the soap box...

Ok...same as before agree/disagree, makes no difference to me...This IS how I see things!


Where to start...ok I just watched both the past recent debates back to back... I went into this observation putting both parties and as such both candidates in each on the same playing field...by recognizing that I don't know anything about them personally, not the parties nor the candidates, and I personally saw this as opportunity for each of them individually to persuade me to their respective sides.

They all disappointed me! None of them could answer a direct question, now let me clarify...I don't mean they did not answer directly to what their agenda was for their respective arguments...I mean... they were asked a question and instead of answering that question presented and before them they ran off into a tangent that they wanted to get on...

ok...*blink, blink, blink* well...what does that mean for my playing field? frankly, it means they are all still on the same playing field, unfortunately, it also means I have been forced to lower the playing field but universally so...*rolls eye in discussed*

Now between Sarah and Joe...(I like first names glad she ask about that, btw, last names are sometimes harder to remember, and in this situation you don't want someone forgetting who you are nor getting you confused with someone else because of a silly thing like a name *wink, wink*) (one more thing...see I do tangents that are very interesting yet off topic too...we all can) so now what ...oh yeah Joe and Sarah...Joe switched sides? ok can understand if he has done this in order to be where he is as VP hopeful....it still makes it wrong! Here again, I too have compromised my own integrity to be accepted before, but is this a norm?...it certainly is on "The Hill" It's also something, though I can understand it on a personal level, I don't want in a government official, however. (Side note: I was younger then and thought compromise was the answer to all of life's battles, but know: I now know when it compromises integrity ..IT simply ain't worth it! like the song goes "you gotta stand for SOMETHING or you'll fall for anything") ok That's Joe's shortcomings in my opinion (the guilt on his face, but hey that's brownie points for him...a conscious) Sarah's flaws: she is an inexperienced female....YES, the rebellious tomboy, who's motto has been "I might be a girl, but can do anything a boy can do" Just said her shortcoming is in fact that she is female...because I have always, because it's undeniable, acknowledged that there are certain things that though me being a female does not prevent me from doing, I recognize that a male my be better able to handle and simply because they are male...this in no way makes males better than females as a whole...because "buddy" there's a flip side to that coin...and being a ...never mind that's a different topic...ok let's rewind...I was a psychology major there for a while... and aside from the physical strengths of a man- that most men dominate over most women (for there are no absolutes in this observation!) ...women typically speaking are more emotionally driven, where men are not, both have strengths and weaknesses...to continue her other flaw is one she shares with Obama...their experience, or lack there of...age has allot to do with this...Sarah has something over Obama, however, she is in a roll in which I could handle someone with not quite enough experience being in...he is NOT!

Being President means having the experiences necessary in life in general to handle major issues, difficult issues..and more importantly taking responsibility for your own actions weather right or wrong after all has been said and done...Am I saying we have seen McCain do this and Obama not? NO! I am saying that more mature people usually do this.

Understand: I do NOT know anything more about these people then the few online debates I have witnessed and that isn't enough to truly judge someone on...but as an American Citizen!!! I is my right and duty to vote and in order for me to do this I need to make the most informed vote I possibly am able to make (I don't have cable or any other kind of TV...the Internet is all I have as reliable to get this from.) And what little bit of my precious time I have given to this effort to be informed, unfortunately, is all I have. One more thing once you get to know someone as a certain name you stick with that name no matter what, hence, why with Joe and Sarah I use there first names, but with McCain and Obama it's there last...

Now that I have expressed the shortcomings of the VP's let move on the the Commander-N-Chief hopefuls, shall we? It is undeniable that Obama is for the hard working (right above me at borderline poverty level) Middle class! However, I do believe McCain is honestly seeking a change also...the only caution I have with McCain is ...Is he blindly, unknowingly (benefit of doubt here)following Eisenhower ? President Eisenhower was a wonderful, innovative, heart-in-the-right-place kinda guy, but his policies, which I don't think he meant for them to be as long lasting as they have been, only fixed problems temporarily. We need some immediate fixes, but we further need some long lasting solutions!

So with all that said and done what it boils down to is this...My vote hasn't changed...

No comments: