I am duel blogging, as you all know, here and myspace...my myspace I have an on-going Bible Study of Proverbs...and like here no one ever replies to it...and like here I don't know if anyone even ever reads it...you also know (if you have read any other recent post on here) that God has me neck deep in Ecclesiastes...I hope someone realizes that the accredited author of both books is Solomon, the wise; he was the 3rd king of Israel.
"And I understand, Lord, this is what I asked for..."*deep breath...sigh*
Be careful what you wish/pray for God might actually give it to ya!!!
Guess what I prayed for??? Yep! Wisdom- knowledge and understanding. What I didn't know when I asked for it was in order to get there I would have to also learn discretion and endurance as well. And one must have discipline to get anything. The whole package is need in order to obtain Wisdom!
The main theme of Ecclesiastes is basically, "What's the point?" And if you read it the point is there ain't one! ALL living things have the same exact fate...regardless of who they are, how they live (if good or bad), or for how long...everything born... lives and then ...wait for it....DIES!
This made me ask, "ok, God, so what is the point?" I started the myspace study for my little brother, who mind you, doesn't read it any more...and I don't know why I have this one, but this is what God lead me to do...He could teach me privately...Why do I have to publicly post all this? "so, Lord, can I please know why?"
He said, "Nope ya ain't ready to know...don't know if you ever will be...but even if I never tell you...will you follow Me? Even if you don't understand...and you don't know...why?"
My first response..."But, Lord..."
And He said..."Stop right there young lady (cause He is my Daddy) you know I know EVERYTHING!!! (this is not the time when you point out what many of you are thinking ...didn't He say..or at least I said He did... that "don't know if you ever will be" He knows trust Him He KNOWS !) Will you obey?"
...."ok, Lord, I'll follow You..."
"Even if there ain't a point?" (I just love how God talks to us in our own language!!! Awesome!!!)
"Yes, my Master (all Jedi like) even if there isn't a point."
Then I went to a new bible study today, we studied Genesis (cause you have to start in the beginning) Abraham's life and on the way home it hit me...Like when God call Abraham to sacrifice his promised son Isaac, and Abraham obeyed to the point of tying the boy to the alter and taking out his knife...God just want Abraham to know he(Abraham). had what it takes to follow God, and further that God WILL provide, and not to our demise even when it looks that way...He is in control and is Perfect.
HONOR AND GLORY EVERLASTINGLY TO YOU, OH my EL SHADDAI, my SHIELD, my YHWH, my EL ROI, THE GREAT I AM!
Staff Features: A Glimpse of Grace
6 years ago

2 comments:
Haha...this just came to me...I have always hated when I asked why for the responce to be "Because I said so..."
And what did God tell me? LOL!!!
His's so awesome!
He's revealed the why to me recently...
Isaiah 55:3-5:
3 “Come to me with your ears wide open.
Listen, and you will find life.
I will make an everlasting covenant with you.
I will give you all the unfailing love I promised to David.
4 See how I used him to display my power among the peoples.
I made him a leader among the nations.
5 You also will command nations you do not know,
and peoples unknown to you will come running to obey,
because I, the Lord your God,
the Holy One of Israel, have made you glorious.”
Post a Comment