I was on my way to work heading south on Hwy 613... I just past the light at Dantzler St. on Main St. in the far lane... when this black mini suv, two cars in front of me, tries to turn left into the dock parking lot at the river bank. He is at a complete stop in the far right lane, the lane I also am in, trying to turn left!!!! The white car in front of me had to brake hard which made me slam on brakes. We all missed each other. Unfortunately the poor, nice Coast Guardsmen behind me was unaware of what was happening in front of me...my van reasonably was obscuring his line of sight... did all he could not to rear-ended me, but to no avail. His front driver side slammed so hard into my rear passenger side that the frame on my back drivers side is cracked. My van is probably totaled! I drove away from the accident but began to smell smoke by the time I reached First Baptist Church (my church) so I pulled in and parked. I got out to assess again my van and found the fender well is pressed against the back passenger tire. Being fearful of causing more damage, I decide not to drive it any further. Luckily, Bro. Jeff Taylor, our Youth Pastor, was at the church...he offered to try to pull the fender out so I could drive, but I told him I needed to wait to see what was going to happen with insurances and such ...so he just gave me a ride to work.
Thank You, God, for watching over all of us who were involved...I realized this incident could have been so much worse...Your will be done in the aftermath! In Jesus name...Amen!
Staff Features: A Glimpse of Grace
6 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment