About me...

My photo
A mother of three beloved blessings. I enjoy fellowshiping with my Father, Savior, and Friend, the Great I AM. I seek His face through reading His word. I love to talk about all kinds of things.

Monday, February 1, 2010

Day 14 of 150

Yay I'm all caught up again...but for how long only God knows.

Ps 14

1The fool has said in his heart, "There is no God "
They are corrupt, they have committed abominable deeds;
There is no one who does good.
2The LORD has looked down from heaven upon the sons of men
To see if there are any who understand,
Who seek after God.
3They have all turned aside, together they have become corrupt;
There is no one who does good, not even one.
4Do all the workers of wickedness not know,
Who eat up my people as they eat bread,
And do not call upon the Lord?
5There they are in great dread,
For God is with the righteous generation.
6You would put to shame the counsel of the afflicted,
But the LORD is his refuge.
7Oh, that the salvation of Israel would come out of Zion!
When the LORD restores His captive people,
Jacob will rejoice, Israel will be glad.

Yesterday at church we celebrated Sanctity of Life. Our local Pregnancy Resource Center (of which I volunteer 4hrs/wk) came and spoke. Then the morning message was also based on Right to Life from conception. Even in the evening message the subject again surfaced. In the morning service a question was broached that has always diverted me personally away from abortion..."What if that child's destiny is suppose to be something magnificent?" Which breads questions of what if Eisenhower, Roosevelt, Lincoln, or Washington had been aborted? What about Edison, Einstein, or Bell? Worse yet what about Noah, Jacob, or even Jesus (she was unwed when she conceived and engaged not to the 'baby daddy')? The reason I bring this up is reading Ps 14 collectively I get the since of hopelessness...of despair on this same level.

1) The fool says, 'There is no God' They're corrupt, do abominations, and none does any good (sounds like our generation don't it?)

2) Then God sees and asks, "Is there none who seek Me?"

3) There is none, no, not one!

4) The wicked devour God's people and they don't call upon Him

5) There's great dread...

6)But the Lord is 'his' refuge (who is he?)

This whole time I'm reminded of Abraham searching Sodom and Gomorrah for just 10 souls worth saving (Gen18-19), or Noah for just any at all- other than his humble family. With Noah and others but ultimately with Christ, God created the One Who would be the saving grace of the entire world...everyone of them started out as babes.

7) ...the salvation of Israel... when the Lord restores...Jacob will rejoice

I can see David studying the ancient (even to him) text of Jacob, who had had several sons. In fact the 12 tribes were his sons and he Israel. (Gen 25-49) But there was one and he wasn't the 1st nor the last but he was the one God used to save them-Joseph (Gen 30-50). Then later in history Moses came who was saved from that generation which, like us, practiced killing babies. Then as I said before God's own son too was saved from the slaughter of innocent blood...

ok so I'm not saying God can't save if He so chooses but there is a day coming when His patients will run out and His wrath will have to judge the wicked, unrighteous, and abominable of the earth. I know this with all i am because He tells us so in Rev. But even then He seeks to save those who seek Him ...even when in the midst of His anger and punishment for the world's transgressions He is so faithful and offers His grace.

Lord, my King, I bow before You with great awe in how loving You are to the undeserving like myself. You could at any point in time wiped us from existence yet You love us so much even now You wait Your patience is longsuffering. Thank You, Lord, for saving and forgiving me. Even still forgive my transgressions, Lord, You know them better than I...I in Jesus holy name seek You and Your will for my life-amen.

No comments: