Psalm 9
1I will give thanks to the LORD with all my heart;
I will tell of all Your wonders.
2I will be glad and exult in You;
I will sing praise to Your name, O Most High.
3When my enemies turn back,
They stumble and perish before You.
4For You have maintained my just cause;
You have sat on the throne judging righteously.
5You have rebuked the nations, You have destroyed the wicked;
You have blotted out their name forever and ever.
6The enemy has come to an end in perpetual ruins,
And You have uprooted the cities;
The very memory of them has perished.
7But the LORD abides forever;
He has established His throne for judgment,
8And He will judge the world in righteousness;
He will execute judgment for the peoples with equity.
9The LORD also will be a stronghold for the oppressed,
A stronghold in times of trouble;
10And those who know Your name will put their trust in You,
For You, O LORD, have not forsaken those who seek You.
11Sing praises to the LORD, who dwells in Zion;
Declare among the peoples His deeds.
12For He who requires blood remembers them;
He does not forget the cry of the afflicted.
13Be gracious to me, O LORD;
See my affliction from those who hate me,
You who lift me up from the gates of death,
14That I may tell of all Your praises,
That in the gates of the daughter of Zion
I may rejoice in Your salvation.
15The nations have sunk down in the pit which they have made;
In the net which they hid, their own foot has been caught.
16The LORD has made Himself known;
He has executed judgment.
In the work of his own hands the wicked is snared. Higgaion Selah.
17The wicked will return to Sheol,
Even all the nations who forget God.
18For the needy will not always be forgotten,
Nor the hope of the afflicted perish forever.
19Arise, O LORD, do not let man prevail;
Let the nations be judged before You.
20Put them in fear, O LORD;
Let the nations know that they are but men. Selah.
(v1-2) Lord, I join the psalmist in giving thanks to You with all my heart. I want to tell of Your wonders. I tried to post last night about SSMTC but it wouldn't work right (keep in mind this was from 1-27-10) in spite of this I'll be glad and exalt You and sing praises to Your name, O Most High!
(v3-6) You are such a just Judge that my enemies turn back, stumble, and parish. Rebuke those who wrong You, destroy the wicked blotting out their name forever if its Your will. You are even powerful enough to erase the memory of them from existence.
(v7-10) But nothing can erase You. You certainly abide forever. You will judge the world in righteousness ...the peoples with equity and the oppressed alike. You surely are a stronghold in times of trouble for any who know You and trust You. You never forsake any who seek You.
(v11-14) Those in Your kingdom sing praises to You the Lord, declaring your deeds among the people. You avenge bloodshed, remember them, and do not forget the cry of the afflicted. I am one of them, Lord, be gracious to me You Who lift me up so that I may have a testimony of You...so I may rejoice in Your salvation.
(v15-16) I love when You catch the wicked in their own trap. This to me makes You undeniably known executing Your judgment showing in the work of his own hands the wicked is shared.
(v17-20) Even any who forget that You are God including the wicked will face Your judgment. And we the needy will be no longer forgotten and there will be hope for us the afflicted. Arise, O Lord, do not ever let man prevail! Put them in fear of You, Almighty. Let the nations know that they are but mere men and that You are higher (Is 55:8-9) by being judged before You.
In Jesus name and for Your glory I pray-amen

No comments:
Post a Comment