- This morning hearing songs on the radio that spoke my heart "While I'm waiting" (I feel this way...yes even still) and "Healing Hands of God" (I've had some anxieties about my health here lately on top of all else)
- Wednesdays with Beth on T.V. just caught the end but got what I needed. "I Love You, too Lord"
- Then sitting down for my quit time with Him...See I pray to God before opening my eyes in the morning and then the last thing I do before drifting off to sleep -usually. I try to make my bible study time as early in the day as possible but sometimes its what I do just before bed. I let God handle the clearing of my schedule for Him speak to me ...cause sometimes He gives me a real life example to go through before He opens His mouth to me...just to make sure I know He is real and I should really listen. So today when I opened my bible it automatically opened to Ps 119 which has 176 verses (not Daniel which I recently got finished with Beth's study, nor Job my favorite book, not even Lamentations which I poured out and over on this very blog almost a year and a half ago). I automatically thought of Beth and the Siestas.
Ok now that I have that off my chest...
Ps 16
1Preserve me, O God, for I take refuge in You.
2I said to the LORD, "You are my Lord;
I have no good besides You."
3As for the saints who are in the earth,
They are the majestic ones in whom is all my delight.
4The sorrows of those who have bartered for another god will be multiplied;
I shall not pour out their drink offerings of blood,
Nor will I take their names upon my lips.
5The LORD is the portion of my inheritance and my cup;
You support my lot.
6The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places;
Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me.
7I will bless the LORD who has counseled me;
Indeed, my mind instructs me in the night.
8I have set the LORD continually before me;
Because He is at my right hand, I will not be shaken.
9Therefore my heart is glad and my glory rejoices;
My flesh also will dwell securely.
10For You will not abandon my soul to Sheol;
Nor will You allow Your Holy One to undergo decay.
11You will make known to me the path of life;
In Your presence is fullness of joy;
In Your right hand there are pleasures forever.
1-2, 5-11 (we'll come back to 3 & 4)
I'm in the process of moving (yes, again). Its just across the street from where I'm at now with my brother. I've lived in this apartment before, but there are still some wrinkles in the moving in so... I'm taking refuge in You, God (1).
I have very little I could probably bring some to tears with my story but I'll spare you because what I do have is in the Lord and its great (2)...The Lord is truly my portion and my cup & my lot are His (3).
The apartment I'm moving into is very humble (it don't even have a fridge) but that is not my inheritance...my inheritance is so beautiful, yall, because Jesus had made it just for me in heaven (6).
Lord, God, I seek You for counsel and instruction (7). I set You ever presently before me, so I'm unshakably in You (8) my heart is so glad... 'all glory to You,' I rejoice. I've never been without in You, so my flesh is secure (9). You will never abandon my soul because You didn't allow 'Your Holy One' Jesus to decay, and I'm Yours through Him(10). Please, Lord, make my path of life known... undoubtedly known to me. In You presence is fullness of joy and in Your right hand, where I know I am, are great pleasures forever (11).
Ok now just one more thing before going on to 3 & 4...
In both verses 8 & 11 it talks about someone's right hand. But in 8 its our and 11 His...'how can that be?' my finite mind ponders.
Well... if we are following Christ our right hands are on the same side, but that isn't quit right as far as this goes...
What if we are facing each other and holding hands like in a shake for a deal? YES because we are in a covenant with Him...are we not? And in this position God can easily watch our back for us all the while our eyes are only on Him.
(Yes this is a glimpse of how my thoughts often go...LoL)
On a lighter note ...
As for the saints of the earth...(3)
Can anyone say, "Whodat?" The irony of God blows my mind!!! I live about 2 hours away from Nawlens...so the Saints are big around here...the fact that this is their 1st Super Bowl opportunity just makes it a bigger deal. So between Sunday services if someone has the game Tivo'd, I'd be delighted to watch. I loved football as a child...wanted to play for the longest time, but was told 'pads aren't made for girls' Oh well, I can still enjoy watching.
Then 4...this is a topic God keeps bringing me to...
Lord is there someone in my life that You have utterly rejected? I pray it ain't so...But I do not want to go against You, Father. If You have rejected, then show me whom I am to avoid. In my Redeemer's name I pray for my security but for Your grace and mercy if at all possible to be found In Jesus name-amen.
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Understand: everything above this line was pretty much written out (literally) during my bible-study/quit-time with God so that i could post it here for yall...
After that appointed time with Him, I, being at work, started lunch...I had watched the Wednesdays with Beth earlier this morning long before lunch. Yall, it comes on a couple of different channels a few different times on our dish apparently, cause I turned it on while I was making lunch and it was the same one I had caught just the end of...broke one of the biggest Southern Bell cardinal rules...I burnt the biscuits...cause I was so into Beth...It's ok I cut the tops off and we ate 'em anyway... I got to watch the whole thing yall...it was entitled wait for it..."To Know and Be Known," part 6...I told ya God puts me in those "ok strap in we're going on a field-trip" type moments at a drop of a hat...there's no planning on my part I swear *right hand raised with left over my heart...don't worry Jesus is there...my bible's in my bag*...the program's linked at the bottom of this post- check it out and pay attention to the clip at the very beginning; she's going to go over one of my verses from 2009...the very one she skipped during our Ps 119 study...when she went over all of Ps 139 except for the last two verses which where my verses for the 15th of Jan. I had been so excited when we were reading through it... then she just stopped and didn't read 'em. I was slightly disappointed then God told me, "they're special, just between Us" and I was so ok with that..I had no idea what He had for me today...what a blessing! The saddest part is Beth's oblivious... she's got no clue how God uses her. But don't stop there cause He didn't.. You know that dilemma I've been dealing with the past couple of days "utterly rejected" and the prayer above? Yeah well He answers me in this program (Rm 12:19-21).
God...Almighty...You're too much....and yet just enough. All glory and honor to You, Lord, all glory and honor to You alone. In Jesus name-amen.
Wednesday's with Beth on Life Today-today's

No comments:
Post a Comment