Ps 17
1Hear a just cause, O LORD, give heed to my cry;
Give ear to my prayer, which is not from deceitful lips.
2Let my judgment come forth from Your presence;
Let Your eyes look with equity.
3You have tried my heart;
You have visited me by night;
You have tested me and You find nothing;
I have purposed that my mouth will not transgress.
4As for the deeds of men, by the word of Your lips
I have kept from the paths of the violent.
5My steps have held fast to Your paths
My feet have not slipped.
6I have called upon You, for You will answer me, O God;
Incline Your ear to me, hear my speech.
7Wondrously show Your lovingkindness,
O Savior of those who take refuge at Your right hand
From those who rise up against them.
8Keep me as the apple of the eye;
Hide me in the shadow of Your wings
9From the wicked who despoil me,
My deadly enemies who surround me.
10They have closed their unfeeling heart,
With their mouth they speak proudly.
11They have now surrounded us in our steps;
They set their eyes to cast us down to the ground.
12He is like a lion that is eager to tear,
And as a young lion lurking in hiding places.
13Arise, O LORD, confront him, bring him low;
Deliver my soul from the wicked with Your sword,
14From men with Your hand, O LORD,
From men of the world, whose portion is in this life,
And whose belly You fill with Your treasure;
They are satisfied with children,
And leave their abundance to their babes.
15As for me, I shall behold Your face in righteousness;
I will be satisfied with Your likeness when I awake.
v1) Hear a just cause, Lord, heed my cry, my prayer...There is a tender place in my heart which was ignited last night. A place that has always been within my being. The struggle between Man vs Woman. The hardest pill I ever had to swallow before being baptized was that no (God ordained, not man 'NO') woman is to lead a church much less teach a man. I shared before how I was very much an “I can do anything you can do” type a girl and just yesterday how I wanted to even play football at one time in my life. I was created as a strong woman (Wo-Man hear me roar) one who has been made stronger through Jesus Christ Who strengthens me. I can do all things through HIM!
V2) Let me come before You in judgment or let those who judge me come from You, since it is usually Godly men who equally have an issue with this.
Equity?
| 1. | the quality of being fair or impartial; fairness; impartiality: the equity of Solomon. |
| 2. | something that is fair and just. |
V3) You have tried my heart;
You have visited me by night;
You have tested me and You find nothing;
I have purposed that my mouth will not transgress.
I have studied Your precepts. Lord, I have had You take me by the hand and walk me through Your will on this.
V4-10) 'as for men...' (I'm going to turn this around a min, but we'll get back to the men) By the word of Your lips (4) keep me from the paths of violence hold fast my steps to Your paths so that my feet will not slip for there are no slippery slops in You (5). I call upon You, hear my speech (6). Wondrously show Your lovingkindness, O my Savior. I take refuge at Your right hand (7). Keep me as the apple of Your eye; my heart desires after Your Own heart, my King. Hide me in Your shadow (8) from the wicked, my enemies (9) their unfeeling hearts and mouths that speak proudly (10) Oh Lord You have already established the firm foundation for this argument before me.
… Last night I was told that I couldn't just pick the parts of the bible I wanted to follow ...the laughable part is I'm not. But men often do...
v11-12) This is how I see most men who are in this debate...but this is not God's purpose for saying, 'No women preachers or as teachers over men' (Yes He has giving me the rare privilege of explaining it completely to me.) He says that because men are lazy and will allow a woman to lead. Case in point: Adam... turn or click here to read from God's Own word Gen 1:16-18. Man was told “Do not eat...” then woman was created... Now I'm not saying Eve didn't know the rule but she was not commanded by God Himself, “Do not eat...” and did Adam ever say, “But God said thus”? ...feel free to search for it.
Let me put my argument another way if you please... As God, if He had before Him one male and one female to choose who would do His bidding. With the man He will have to drag him along and literally make him take every step begrudgingly but this woman is completely trusting Him for every step she takes eagerly saying with all that she is, “Here I am Lord send me. I will follow You! Though none go with me, I will still follow after You to the ends of the earth...” Who would you choose?
One more thing, the reason God says, 'No” to women: I believe, its so that they have to! Period! If they are going to be lead by a Godly person then one of them is going to HAVE TO stand up and follow Christ... plan and simple. So it's not the inability, inadequacy, nor incompetency of women but that of men that causes God to limit us... But with that said. if it takes me stepping down for one of them to step up so be it I'll gladly step down and as long as they are diligently following God with all their heart, mind, soul, understanding the very fiber of there being as I have 'purposed' to do then I have no problem in the world following and even submitting to them.
As far as the young man who God used to ignite my burning passion on this topic, I pray verses 13-15 over this situation In Jesus name-amen.

No comments:
Post a Comment